OK, let’s play: The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of EnergyKa Sauron may really be Halbrand (Charlie Vickers) and if he is not it could possibly be a missed alternative. The thought got here up throughout their first scene in Polygon Crew – would not it simply Attention-grabbing If the one human to outlive with Galadriel, who pulled her from the Sundaring Seas, was Sauron, who she had been looking for years and (future) Center-earth’s peril?
Whereas it is not a precept that devours us, and even essentially requires that we put down quite a lot of inventory, it has continued to paint each scene with itself. Nonetheless nobody is aware of the excellent character concerning the nefarious look within the trailer, and it might not precisely align with the expanded lore, what with Galadriel theoretically with the ability to perceive Sauron. However… there is a vibe. Possibly the second between them charged with the dagger is a double-edged sword, and is definitely an indicator of his evil. Here is the proof we have gathered up to now, from context clues to Tolkien lore:
- Here is a quick pattern of quotes Halbrand stated in Episode 5: “You do not know what I did. You do not know how I survived.” “What are you aware about darkness?” That additionally Claims that he will probably be “solid out” if his secret is uncovered, and apologizes to Galadriel for the dying of his brother (who was “slain” by Sauron).
- He is a ruthless warrior, as proven on the street scene from Episode 3, and does not appear to care a lot about hurting these round him.
- Halbrand is an authentic character energy ringsAnd it is clear from episode 3 that the manufacturing is some There is a plan of kinds to him and he isn’t only a character for Galadriel to show. However we do not assume there’s actually a lot to this idea, nevertheless ridiculous it’s.
- It could simply be neat, narratively, if all the pieces Halbrandt says wasn’t lie, per se, however was solely a half-truth. For instance, when he says “I am not the hero you are in search of” – come on!
- Oddly, although, his backstory is definitely distinctive. And Not related to any canon. Regardless of the title “The Southlands” sounding rather a lot like Southron, given the place they’re on the present map, they don’t seem to be really within the South in any respect, however within the Far East, past Mordor. Tolkien by no means revealed the cultures of any of the peoples of that area. (We all know a couple of issues concerning the Rhn, however as you may see, that space is essentially northeast of Mordor.) We do not know any king, and even monarchy, or authorities in that space. Do not know concerning the system. Huh.
- Subsequent, it might be high stage prequel materials to jot down a scene the place Galadriel inadvertently encourages Sauron to turn out to be Sauron. That sort of dramatic irony is at all times most scrumptious when it is finished nicely. Particularly when she is ruthlessly looking the world for him and he simply decides to cover in plain sight. We all know that Sauron of this period was known as “truthful” (which implies pale, but in addition stunning); Whereas Halbrandt might or might not match the invoice for this, he’s far much less crafty and shrewd. These are the precise traits that one will need to have in an effort to get a bunch of individuals to make rings for him.
- Wait, wait, the very first thing he reveals curiosity in apart from staying out of hassle is getting a job as a smith? After which, within the fifth episode, he wields a masterful blade that stuns an area guild employee.
- To be sincere, energy rings Rather a lot leans into the apparent thriller packing containers, and we predict some gimmicks that truly make it really feel like somebody pulled the rug off can be cool.
- He satisfied Galadriel to maintain calm and keep at Numenor…
- When he offers Galadriel a dagger it is a second that binds them, and it is one thing that might probably save his neck in Numenor. Then once more, that is additionally giving him the flexibility to wreak havoc. And up to now, when it appears to be like like he is serving to the state of affairs, Hallebrand appears to at finest To himself and to the worst sort of chaos agent.
- The one snag is that this is able to be a significant departure from how Tolkien frames the aftermath of Sauron’s battle with Morgoth’s reappearance, the place he disguises himself as a messenger of the Valar named “Annatar”. And he has to get out of Numenor and Center-earth in order that he can begin working with Celimbor.
- The primary line of the present – “There may be nothing dangerous to start with,” spoken by Galadriel – is drawn from Tolkien’s textual content of Sauron, who was corrupted by Morgoth. It might return with Halbrand, a daily dude additionally corrupted by the evils of the world. However it will also be a plant: with energy rings Extra leaning into the grayness of Center-earth’s heroes, maybe that is going to increase a few of them to their villains as nicely.
It will disappoint me if Stranger is Gandalf and the Balrog isn’t, and I need to prolong the present an olive department.