Abu Dhabi: Emirates Airways has suspended passenger companies to 13 locations – six African international locations, and unilaterally – from seven different international locations attributable to issues over the unfold of the Omicron model of COVID-19.
In an replace on its web site on Wednesday, January 5, clients arriving from the next locations should not accepted for journey to or from Dubai till additional discover.
Restrictions on entry and transit by Dubai
- United Republic of Tanzania (DAR)
- Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia (ADD)
Canceled flights (to and from Dubai)
- Republic of Cote d’Ivoire
Easy methods to proceed in case you are touring from one in all these international locations
Passengers who’ve already booked flights from these locations needn’t contact the airline. “Affected clients needn’t instantly name us for a rebooking,” Emirates advises on its web site.
“Clients can merely seize their Emirates ticket and, when flights resume, contact their journey agent or reserving workplace to create a brand new journey plan.”
What are the reductions?
- UAE residents, their first-degree family, diplomatic missions, official delegations between the UAE and these international locations, and holders of golden visas are exempt from restrictions and may fly to and from these international locations.
- These passengers must submit a damaging COVID-19 take a look at obtained inside 48 hours of departure and, the place doable, a rapid-PCR take a look at on the airport inside six hours of departure. One other PCR take a look at might be required on the airport upon arrival in UAE.
- A ten-day quarantine and a PCR take a look at are required for UAE residents, their first-class family, diplomatic missions and golden visa holders on the ninth day of entry into the nation.
- UAE residents are barred from touring to any listed nation in Africa besides in circumstances of emergency therapy, official delegations and scholarships.